Five Star Auto Care is pleased to provide a place where Mercedes owners can benefit from premier Mercedes services, repairs, and maintenance in Newport Beach – without enduring the hassles, delays, and extra costs of the dealership.
We feel privileged to do what we do, and we are always happy to pass along information to our customers – because the more you know about your Benz, the better you can take care of it and extend its lifetime.
Here are some telltale signs that your Mercedes’s transmission may need repair:
- Your check engine light or check transmission light comes on. You may or may not feel a problem while driving at this point, but the car needs to be brought in for an inspection, because if left untouched, it will eventually affect drivability and emissions. And here in Orange County, we like to keep our air as clean as possible.
- Fluid leakage on the ground. Check in your garage or on your driveway and if there’s fluid there, the transmission fluid levels are probably falling, which can lead to transmission failure.
- Drivability concerns, such as:
- The car shudders during acceleration
- Slippage – when you press on the gas and the engine revs but you don’t move forward right away
- The car is shifting gears earlier or later than it used to
- You floor the accelerator but the car doesn’t shift into passing gear
- You hear a growl when accelerating
If you notice any of the above problems, or have any other concerns about your Mercedes, please contact us as soon as possible. We will get you in right away, most of our repairs can be done same day, and we are confident that you’ll be pleased with both our expertise and our customer service. We look forward to meeting you!